25 October 2008

Upholstery - Ta Da!

Mom came to visit this week. I told her the one thing we were going to do was upholster the chair I got at the Springfield antique flea market last year. So this is it . . .
I've been sitting on it, springs only, for a year. Evan wouldn't sit on it. It's a pretty firm cushion since we put a piece of cardboard in between the springs and the batting, but it feels much better. But I think now that it's done, I think it looks pretty good. We used a brown, mossy velour that changes color depending on the light. I'm pretty pleased with the result. It doesn't look like this in person.
What I learned from this experience was that I am a visual person, but not a spatial person. Eh. After much discussion and many staples, you are now invited to our house and have a seat.

No comments: